Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Would I sue the doctor or birth control company?

Would I sue the doctor or birth control company?


Okay so I started taking loestrin 24 Fe and developed a blood clot in a deep vein and my doctors said it was due to taking birth control and my family doctor said any doctor with common sense would never put me on birth control because I have a disease that puts me at a very very great risk to get blood clots.So wouldn't the obgyn that put me on the pill have my charts and known about my disease? Should we sue the obgyn or the birth control company? Me and my mom never knew anything about birth control causing blood clots the obgyn never informed us of this. This is not a money thing having this blood clot has put me through hell as well as my mom. Also alot of medical bills and I have to take medicine for the rest of my life because of this blood clot.





Thanks so much!Would I sue the doctor or birth control company?
if you must sue someone, it would be the OB-GYN for obviously not reading your chart, and for not informing you of the risks of taking the pill.Would I sue the doctor or birth control company?
you didn't KNOW birth control pills cause blood clots ? do you know how to READ ? the information packet that comes with the pills CLEARLY states this as a possible side effect of the medication. because they have this information available there is going to be a very slim chance you could sue this company and win anything.





your OBGYN should not have started you on this medication if you have a predisposed condition, but you also need to be sure first that you disclosed this information prior to be prescribed the pill. you can try to sue for recovery of medical bills, pain, and suffering, but you are going to have to prove malpractice. good luck.
u might b able to sue the ob-gyn.





the only thing is did u put down ur disease on the paperwork u filled out whn it asks for medical history. usually ob-gyn dont have ur medical file from ur primary dr so thy wouldnt kno about any illnesses u might have.





thy usually give u a pamphlet with the risks n side effects of thr birth control that u r goin to b takin. n the pharmacy should also give u a pamphlet wit it.





i would call a lawyer n explain the situation n c wat thy say.





good luck
You can sue anyone you won't but you're not going to win. Medication has side-effects and you can't sue because you experienced one of the know side-effects. You needed to read the medication info in the package.
yes you can sue them.But you need the proof they have prescribe you the drug and go to social health worker,how will help you in this matter.
Sue the doctor, it wasn't the birth control company's fault.
If you are alive and well now, then I wouldn't sue. It is your responsibility to ask questions about the medication you are taking -- doctor's don't catch everything (even if we feel they should). Medical costs are astronomical because people sue over everything. If you survived this ordeal, then you've come away with the knowledge that you can't always trust doctors and you have to dig deeper sometimes. All birth control commercials tell you about the risk of blood clots, as do the websites, and any pharmacist. Did you know that you had risk for developing blood clots? If you didn't tell your ob/gyn, then he/she may not have known. Not all medical records are electronic -- they would only know the information that you gave. By the way... I'm not trying to be rude - my son and I nearly died during his birth, and I spent the next several weeks in ICU fighting for my life. However, I did not sue. I was grateful that my son and I were healthy at the end. I did file a complaint against the doctor though. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment