Friday, August 6, 2010

Is it good to have a position as Quality Assurance or Quality Control in a software company?

I am not sure if my opinion should really count since I've been teaching Software QA since 1994 to people changing careers. So, I am definitely biased.





It depends who you are and what you like to do in your life. Good software tester would be tolerant to routine. Some SQA jobs require lots of technical skills and some require nothing but common sense and basic computer literacy.





Money wise it is a bit less than developers make (15-20% less, not 50%). In SF Bay Area, NY and few more places in 3-5 years you would easily make $100,000+ if you are focused on getting to that level.





Best of luck!!!





PS





There are a few web sites I can suggest:


http://qaforums.com - testers from all over the globe talk about various issues





http://www.portnov.com - software QA school where I teach. It has lots of related resources linked
  • olay cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment