Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do you work for a pest control company? Please help.?

I have a really bad problem with german roaches. I have tried all methods of killing these pests but finally had to break down and call a local company to come and help. It worked for a while but the cost was throw the roof.





I need to find out what prodect most professional companys use to kill German cockroaches. The company that I currently works for (a chemical company) has contacts in which it can get these (and other) types of prodects at a reduced rate.





If you know what they use please let me know. I have 2 littles one at home and I really need to get rid of these bugs for health reasons.... and they gross me out.





BTW, I do keep a very clean house but because we live in Fl and with all the weather and stuff I am having a hard time. These bugs where in the house when we bought it and only got worse with time.Do you work for a pest control company? Please help.?
I have worked for a company in the past that did residential pest control. I don't know what chemicals were used but I do know they were supposed to be natural and harmless to humans. They were fairly expensive products.





We would inject the walls where bugs were suspected with a dust, especially wet walls because they tended to nest there for the moisture. We would use a pressure hose to spray the outside of the house all the way around and we would granulate the yard.





The only pest specific things I remember were for ants and rats but it was in Virginia where roaches aren't as big a problem.





The company I worked for got bought out a few years ago so I can't find the specific products we used.








Edit Below:





I did a little digging around and this Diatomaceous Earth sounds like the stuff we were using as the dust in the walls, based on the effect it has on bugs. http://www.ghorganics.com/DiatomaceousEa鈥?/a>


http://www.safesolutionsinc.com/Diatomac鈥?/a>


I don't know what supplier we got it from. But I do remember we would always get a few irate people who started seeing bugs in their home immediately after we came the first time or would see more bugs then they thought they had. After a week or two though the bugs would be gone completely in most cases. The way we got it into walls was a glorified hole in your wall that we would then plug with a hollow plastic tube with a cap on it so we could reapply easily. We would normally hide the holes under sinks. It is safe for humans. Versions of Diatomaceous Earth are actually sold as a dietary supplement.





There is a good chance that the granulation we used in the yard was a product of the same stuff. The effect was again the same as inside. People would report a lot of activity shortly after using the product which would then usually completely disappear. Though our pest control service was a monthly, bimonthly, or quarterly service, when we would come back and reapply the products.





The spray we used sounds like it was a pyrethrin of some kind. One of the selling points we were told to impress on customers is that it was made from Chrysanthemum flowers. Doing a tad bit of research shows that it is a nurotoxin and there are many different specific products. It can be harmful to humans in the right conditions so should be used in limited amounts. We would spray 6 ft up on the sides of the house and 6 ft. out into the yard from the house. We used a diluted mixture. I would be surprised if we used something fatal to insects. It was probably just enough strength to be a replant. I can't recommend a specific product as I do not know who our supplier was. We were mixing the concentrate in large water tanks installed into the back of pick-up trucks and used a pressure hose to apply it. I only looked around for a few minutes but wasn't able to find a great deal of information that wasn't just designed to sell a product. I am sure you can get more detail though if you look around. The only informative entry I found was a blog entry.


http://dirtbyamystewart.blogspot.com/200鈥?/a>Do you work for a pest control company? Please help.?
yes my uncle owns a termite/pest control company but he lives in southern california!
If you have 2 little ones at home, and you're concerned about your health, I can't imagine why you'd want to spray pesticides inside your very own home - truthfully, I can't imagine you'd even want to work for a chemical company with such a bad product line, either, for that matter.





Boric Acid is non-toxic, a generic product, and I guarantee the MSD Data Sheet will be a LOT safer than any branded product your company makes or sells. They'd probably sell Boric Acid, too, but they can't make any profit on it, because it's generic. THAT'S the real reason and only reason this common-sense product isn't used more. Otherwise, caulk the joints in your kitchen these roaches are hiding behind, and keep food in containers. Those things help too.





Yes, I worked in pest control for years. My specialty was teaching people alternatives beyond commercial pest control. The world can't continue spraying poison to solve every ill, it's killing us all. Pesticides are not a long-term solution to cockroach pest control, they're a stop-gap at best. These are the things that really WORK, and no, I don't have any hidden agenda to sell you poison to do it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment